Your success Dominating checklist:
Your 10 Step Fitness Domination Checklist. Print out and implement!
1. FOCUS & DECIDE. Instead of choosing several goals to work on all at the same time, harness all that energy and focus it toward just 1-2 main goals- Controlled Attention.
This is what allows a small woman to lift a car when her child is stuck underneath it- She has a Major goal (saving the kid), and she focuses every atom and cell in her body and mind on that single purpose of attaining that goal, and she lifts a car.
2. Pick the goal with your BIGGEST WHY.
This is the goal that you emotionally connect with and have a STRONG REASON for choosing. (example: “I want to have the energy to play with my kids.” - that’s a pretty big reason. Become an EVEN better spouse, partner, employee, Leader, Communicator...person)
It’s your “WHY” that keeps you going, so it has to be a good one.
3. COMMIT (No, Really.) Commit the right amount of resources (time, energy, and attention) to make your goal a reality. Treat it like anything else important in your life - because it IS!
4. MAKE A PLAN. Every Sunday, set aside 15-30 minutes to plan out your week and make sure you have what you need on-hand and ready to go. What are the next 3-5 Moves you need to make to keep the trajectory in the right direction and keep the Momentum?
Then, every night take 3-5 minutes to make sure you’re on track for the next day. This makes a HUGE difference!
5. TAKE ACTION. This is actually the MOST IMPORTANT STEP of all. You won’t reach your goals without consistent action.
Do something daily that moves you closer to your goal. Thinking, Visualizing, Studying, Planning, Meditating, Journaling...all great and helpful, but also all useless without ACTION.
6. GET SUPPORT & ACCOUNTABILITY. Tell trusted friends and family members what you’re working toward. Make it Social, announce it on Social Media.
Or even better, work with an experienced coach who will help you get (and stay) on-track with a proven program.
With someone in your corner, when you have a “win” or a setback, you have someone to share it with and that will help spur your motivation to keep moving forward.
7. SET DEADLINES. Don’t skip this one! Without having a specific date to shoot toward, you don’t have any URGENCY to take action.
When you feel a clock ticking down toward your goals, it will help you light a fire under your butt for a little motivation.
8. GIVE YOURSELF A REWARD. When you meet milestones along the way toward your goals, reward yourself with a healthy payoff! New shoes, workout gear, a book, or a massage are great choices.
Stack the wins and celebrate them...just not for too long or too hard, you still have a lot of Work to do.
9. MANAGE EXPECTATIONS. Making changes and going after goals can take time and effort. Be patient and stay the course!
Give your plan time to work … and know that some days will be easier than others.
Just keep repeating step 5 (taking action).
Trust the Process. The work you put in today will lead to the Reward of tomorrow, or next month, or next year, or maybe in 10 years. Delayed Gratification.
10. REEVALUATE. Do a quick evaluation of where you’re at every few weeks.
Are you killing it and staying on track? (Keep Rolling!)
Or, are you following the plan?
Or, are you following the plan and it’s not working?
This is where a coach (click HERE to learn more) can make a big difference - because they have an experienced, big-picture view of your goals and can help you accelerate your results.
Print this list and use it too achieve your fitness (or any) goals.
Yours In Health,